As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you looking for the best SWF Players? Do you have an SWF file on your system that you need to play? You’re in the right place.
We present you with the best SWF Players to solve any playing issues you might have.
What are the SWF Players?
SWF Players are Shockwave Flash Players. They are players that play SWF files.
Here’s how to think about it. Some videos come as .mp4 file format. Almost any media player can play those videos. On the other hand, some SWF files require unique Players, the SWF players herein.
These videos need an SWF player to play them. This accounts for the reason is why SWF players are so important.
What are the SWF Files?
SWF files are Small Web Format files. They are mostly multimedia played on web browsers. They can be used to create content- multimedia content. These files can be opened automatically on web browsers like Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox.
However, the SWF files can’t be played offline. You will need an offline player to play them. This is why you need the best SWF Players to play your SWF files.
Uses of SWF Players
The main function of SWF Players lies in their unique abilities to play SWF files. However, most of the SWF players are not limited to performing these functions.
Check out some of the other uses of the SWF Players:
- SWF players allow for streaming and download of SWF files. Some of them play files in different formats as well.
- SWF players can also function as regular video/audio players.
The Best 5 SWF Players
Check out some of the best 5 SWF players you can use to play your SWF files:
VLC is one of the most efficient players in the world. It gives you everything you need in a media player. VLC supports just about any file format. It doesn’t lag or delay. It can also serve to optimize your video playbacks. Cool Right? That is not all. The best part is that VLC keeps providing updates that help improve your experience as a user.
- VLC is free to use by everyone
- VLC supports other file formats. i.e., 3GP, AVI, OGG, VOB, DVD video, etc.
- VLC can convert videos from one format to the other.
- You can increase its features via plugins
- You can play your videos at a 200% volume.
- It’s not easy to edit video information
The 5K player works for both Windows and Mac. One of its great features is that it supports Airplay and DLNA. Besides providing a solution to the SWF file crisis, the 5K player also supports other kinds of multimedia.
- It supports other formats apart from the SWF file i.e., MP4, WMV, AVI, MKV, AAC, WMA, etc.
- The SWF player supports videos from multiple online channels.
- The 5K player can be used to download videos.
- It is entirely free to use.
- It has several shortcuts for easy navigation.
- Beginners find it confusing to use at first sometimes
Adobe Flash Player
The Adobe flash player allows you the opportunity to stream animations and videos online at the best quality. It is one of those players that work on both Windows and macOS systems.
- It now supports H.264 videos
- Adobe Flash Player also supports HE-AAC audios now.
- It works well on both Windows and macOS.
- It displays its graphics on 3D
- Crashes, though on very few occasions.
- The frequent need to update them might bother and disturb you sometimes.
SWF File Player
The SWF player was designed for one principal purpose: to play SWF Files. It plays online games and videos without issues.
- The SWF Player doesn’t take much space on your system. It is only about 1MB in size.
- You can do anything with the SWF files you’re watching. You can pause the file, loop it, forward the online video, or rewind it.
- It is built for SWF files only. It plays FLV also, but just that.
- It is not compatible with macOS.
Elmedia Player is another dominant player, just like the VLC player. It can play any format of files of video and audio. Also, it is compatible with macOS. It is most often regarded as the best for macOS. There is a web browser built in the app.
This app gives you the freedom to watch videos online from Elmedia. It has a regular version and a pro version. The pro version costs $19.95. With this pro version, you can download just about any video.
This video can be in any format. You can also make screenshots and adjust audios on the pro edition.
- Elmedia Player can play any file format.
- It works smoothly for macOS systems- Mac × 10.7, Mac × 10.8, Mac other.
- You won’t enjoy the full features of the SWF player if you don’t subscribe to the Pro.
Should you get an SWF Player?
You might not need an SWF player. However, from time to time, you might come across a .swf file. You don’t want to be stranded when this happens. Even if you don’t need it now, you should have an SWF Player on your system. Just in case.
Other SWF Players you can use
This is just a list of the top 5 SWF you can use. There are a lot of other SWF Players you can use to play and download your online videos and multimedia. You can check out any of these online, downloads, install, and see how you like them.
- AnyMP4 Blu-ray Player
- Aurora Blu-ray Player
- Wondershare UniConverter
- Jihosoft SWF Converter (for Mac)
How to use an SWF Player
To use an SWF Player, you just have to follow some simple and necessary steps:
- Download a suitable SWF player.
- Install the software and launch it.
- Import the SWF file to the software. You can do this by dragging and dropping the data onto the software.
After you have imported the SWF file into the player, you are good to go. Start enjoying the full benefits of your SWF player.
The process works for both Windows and macOS systems.
Take your online multimedia experience to the next level
You never have to worry again about those SWF files you’ve been unable to view in the past. Now, you can play anything you want to. Get the best SWF players today and start enjoying the best of online multimedia.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.