The world is enormous and filled with fascinating places. It is virtually impossible for someone to know everything about it. However, we have a list of unknown facts from around the world that we feel are either interesting and worth knowing.
- Found in the sea, a mantis shrimp can actually create a flash of light with its claws. The shrimp can move the claws so fast that it causes the water around it to boil creating a flash of light.
- Have you ever heard the Spain’s national anthem? It actually is just a melody with no words.
- We all know how beneficial honey is for us. But did you know that honey doesn’t go bad. You can have honey that was set out a hundred years ago and it would still be good.
- The human body is quite interesting, did you know that when you breath. You inhale more from one half of the nose than you do the other. This also alternates every 15 minutes between the nostrils.
- If you remove all the atoms in the world that make up humans then the entire population of the world can easily fit into an apple.
- It would take 1.2 million mosquitoes to suck an average human once each to drain his whole blood out.
- The Sumerians, Egyptians, Mayans, and Chinese all independently developed written language. This means, they had no interaction with one another and had written language before any interaction took place.
- It takes a photon about 40,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to its surface. What is interesting is that traveling from the sun’s surface to the earth it only takes it about 8 minutes.
- There is a difference of 66 years from the time men first took flight in 1903 with the Wright brothers and the time when we landed on the moon in 1969.
- Only 1% of the Caribbean island are inhabited.
- 70-80% of the world’s fresh water are stored in glaciers. Antarctic and the Arctic have 99% of the world’s glaciers.
- The territory of the seven largest countries make up half the landmass of the world. These are: Australia, Argentina, Brazil, China, Canada, Russia, and USA.
- There is a state in the world without a capital, which is Nauru.
Hope our unknown facts about the world have enlightened you and made you a little smarter than you were.